Dr. Kerry Thompson – Ph.D., NCC
Dr. Thompson provides individual therapy to children, adolescents, and adults. She takes a collaborative, strengths-based approach in session. Dr. Thompson focuses on working with clients on increasing their quality of life considering their biological, psychological, and social aspects of well-being. In addition, she focuses on the many systems in which the individual is functioning within.
Dr. Thompson has experience working with individuals with a variety of disabilities (e.g., physical, psychiatric, cognitive, developmental), as well as working with their caregivers and or family. In respect to this population, she focuses on the adaptation and adjustment to disability working towards disability acceptance and or increased perceived optimal functioning. Her experience includes working with individuals with traumatic brain injury (TBI), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety, depression, personality disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder. Dr. Thompson’s other clinical experiences include group therapy and psychological assessment.
- Ph.D. - University of Wisconsin Madison, Rehabilitation Psychology
- Ed.S., M.S. - Florida State University, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- B.S. - University of Maryland College Park, Family Science & Psychology
- Counseling Resources Neuropsychological Associates - Madison, WI
- Mendota Mental Health Institute - Madison, WI
- Florida State University Multidisciplinary Center - Tallahassee, FL
- Florida State University Student Disability Resource Center - Tallahassee, FL
- Florida State University Human Services Center - Tallahassee, FL
- Children’s National Medical Center – Washington, D.C.