Kim Stewart – MA
Kim works to identify and evaluate the contextual factors contributing to both the resiliency and distress experienced by her clients. Kim’s believes her clients are doing the best they can to cope with life’s highs and lows, and acts as a skillful and collaborative support to this process. Kim’s diversity of clinical experiences allows her to view the presenting problem from many possible perspectives. Kim is particularly committed to serving clients with marginalized identities or stigmatized experiences, and cultivates an open and brave space for clients in her sessions.
Committed to a systemic and lifespan approach to psychotherapy, Kim aims to design interventions which will provide some short-term immediate relief, followed by more specified interventions to uncover the root of the problem and foster long-term improvement. Kim works to apply the most relevant psychotherapy evidence to shape her conceptualization of the client and her selection of effective treatment components.
- Ph.D. In progress - University of Oklahoma
- M.A. - University of St. Thomas
- B.A. - North Central University
- Oklahoma City VA Health Care System
- Oklahoma Department of Corrections
- OU Counseling Psychology Clinic
- Minneapolis VA Medical Center
- Lorenz Clinic of Family Psychology