Tara Perttula – MSW
Tara Perttula is a clinical social worker who completed her Bachelor’s of Social Work at Northern Michigan University, and her Master’s of Social Work at Michigan State University. Tara draws from a variety of theoretical frameworks, including but not limited to psychodynamic, attachment, and relational theories. She believes that the therapeutic relationship not only allows space to alleviate psychological distress, but also facilitates an arena for change and growth to improve one’s quality of life.
Tara is experienced providing individual psychotherapy to adolescents and adults who have experienced anxiety, depression, psychotic disorders, substance use disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder. She also has experience facilitating group therapy, clinical case management, and crisis intervention. She believes in working collaboratively to meet the unique needs and goals of each client and family system.
- MSW - Michigan State University
- BSW - Northern Michigan University
- Aurora Mental Health Center - Aurora, CO
- Community Mental Health Authority - Lansing, MI
- The Listening Ear Crisis Intervention Center - Lansing, MI
- Pathways Community Mental Health - Marquette, MI