- Job Title: Post-Master’s Fellowship
The Lorenz Clinic offers a post-degree, pre-licensure training experience suited to MFT and Counseling graduates working toward licensure. This fellowship is a two-year, structured training placement. Post-master’s fellows receive training in the provision of outpatient psychotherapy. The site offers strong training in clinical documentation and features individual supervision, small group supervision, grand rounds, didactic trainings, monthly case consultation, and a rich invited speaker series. Licensure/clinical supervision for post-master’s fellows is with a BBHT and BMFT approved supervisor; Administrative supervision is with a staff psychologist.
Fellows function as Mental Health Practitioners embedded within the larger training program and enjoy close, multi-disciplinary collaboration with other professionals and trainees. Fellows can expect to gain the majority of their post-degree licensure supervision during the experience, but they are strongly encouraged to find at least some licensure supervision outside the clinic in the interests of cross-pollination.
With over 150 applicants each year, admission to the post-master’s fellowship is competitive. The fellowship offers a competitive yearly stipend and requires a full-time, two-year commitment. Applicants for this placement should submit at least one letter of recommendation from a past clinical supervisor. Master’s degree and declared licensure track required. We are accepting applicants for the fellowship with it is listed on our Fellowships page. Among other factors, placement decisions will be based on candidates’ training goals, clinical acumen, historical integration of science and practice, and potential to positively impact the profession. Directions for how to apply can be found on the position listing here.
Current Post-Master’s Fellows & Alumni
- Christine Jones, MA – University of St. Thomas (2017-2019)
- Katelyn Schwartz, MA – University of St. Thomas (2017-2019)
- Gillian Koch, M.Ed. – William & Mary (2017-2019)
- Alison Inhelder, MA – University of St. Thomas (2017-2019)
- Melanie Reuss, MS – Minnesota State University Mankato (2017-2018)
- Claire Pieper, MSW – St. Louis University (2017-2019)
- Abby Wulfing, MA – University of St. Thomas (2016-18)
- Andrew Dahlen, MA – University of St. Thomas (2016-18)
- Carly Jarvinen, MA – University of St. Thomas (2015-17)
- Georgia Nesbitt, MA, MS – University of St. Thomas (2015-17)
- Andrew Clemens, MA – University of St. Thomas (2015-17)
- Kamila Stafin, MS – University of Wisconsin – Stout (2014-15)
- Amy Gloudeman, MS – Marquette University (2013-15)
- Laura Hughitt, MS – Marquette University (2013-15)
- Jenny Hoglund, MS – St. Cloud State University (2012-14)