Dr. Amanda Schuh – PhD, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Director of Nursing
Dr. Amanda Schuh is a board certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with experience practicing in integrated behavioral health settings and providing mental health care to diverse clients across the lifespan. Dr. Schuh earned a PhD in Nursing and a Master of Science in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing from the University of Michigan.
Dr. Schuh maintains research interests focused on families and their coping and adaptations to stress, particularly resilience and trauma. As a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Dr. Schuh teaches Psychiatric Mental Health Doctorate of Nursing Practice students and works to integrate research and clinical practice.
Dr. Schuh is an active member of professional organizations including the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) and currently serves as Minnesota Chapter President. Her role at Lorenz involves providing clinical oversight, consultation, and direction for the clinic’s growing psychiatric medication management program.
- PhD - University of Michigan
- M.S. - University of Michigan
- B.S. - University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Minnesota
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Lifespan), Board Certified through ANCC
- Registered Nurse, Minnesota
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA), Minnesota Chapter President
- City of Jordan, City Council Member
- Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Honor Society of Nursing, Zeta Chapter
- Minnesota Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Coalition
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)
- University of Minnesota, Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
- University of Michigan, Graduate Student Research Assistant, School of Nursing
- Medication Management