Stephanie Ess – MA, LMFT
Program Manager - CTSS
Stephanie is a Marriage and Family Therapist and a Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Approved Supervisor. Stephanie earned her Masters and Post-Graduate Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota. In her pursuit of increasing her understanding of how life challenges interfere with children and their family’s inherent wholeness, she obtained a certificate in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health from the University of Minnesota. She continues this pursuit of increasing understanding as a PhD student in Developmental Psychology at Walden University.
Stephanie incorporates a developmental and systemic perspective in her clinical work, focused on fostering clients’ awareness of their inherent worth and value, which can be clouded by experiences of depression, anxiety, illness, relational stress, and substance abuse. She provides individual and family psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and adults. Stephanie’s main clinical interests focus on the impact of early trauma and stress as it affects brain development, attachment, relationships, and physical health across the lifespan.
- Ph.D. - Walden University (In progress)
- Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health Post-Graduate Certificate - University of Minnesota
- MFT Post-Graduate Certificate - St. Mary's University of Minnesota
- M.A. - St. Mary's University of Minnesota
- B.S. - University of Mary
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Minnesota Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Minnesota Association for Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health
- American Psychological Association
- Zero to Three
- Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
- University of Minnesota
- St. David's Center for Child & Family Development
- Resources for Child Caring
- Family Networks, Inc.
- Lifespan of Minnesota
- Washburn Center for Children