- Job Title: Property Maintenance (Part-time)
- Direct Supervisor: Administrative Services Manager
- Compensation: $15-$18/hour
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Lorenz Clinic is seeking to hire someone part-time as Property Maintenance for our four clinics located in the south/southwest metro area (Victoria, Chaska, Prior Lake, and Rosemount). The role is needed approximately once day per week and on call as needed.
Lorenz Clinic is a group private practice focused on the mental health needs of children, families, and adults. While the majority of our services are provided under the umbrella of managed care, we have community partnerships that allow us to service those without insurance. Located on the edge of the Minneapolis Metropolitan area, our four locations (Victoria, Chaska, Prior Lake, and Rosemount) are located approximately 30-35 miles south/southwest of downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and provide needed access to psychological services for both suburban and rural communities.
The primary responsibility for this role is to take great care and pride in ensuring the clinics are well maintained and everything is in working order while maintaining professional boundaries and protecting and maintaining confidential facility, staff and client information. This is a part-time as assigned, non-exempt, hourly position.
Property Maintenance also assists to deep clean the clinics weekly to ensure they are always well maintained and presentable.
Property Maintenance will provide support in the following areas:
- Completes service requests that pertain to day to day needs, transition of employee workspace, opening & closing clinics, and cleanliness of public spaces
- Move supplies, equipment, and furniture as directed and set room according to work order and or staff specifications
- Complete repairs requested by supervisor
- Appliance maintenance and installation as requested (mounting TVs, washer/dryer maintenance)
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them
- Ensure work orders are completed on schedule
- Participates in snow removal per community requirements, not limited to snow shoveling, snow blowing and de-icing walkways
- As needed, maintains cleanliness of public areas by cleaning floors, spot clean furniture vacuuming carpet, baseboards, carpet edges, inside and outside door panels, door ledges, windows, mirrors, empty trash and restrooms
- Demonstrates an “eye for detail” when performing cleaning tasks that include mopping, sweeping, wiping, washing, dusting ad vacuuming
- Assists staff and clients in a courteous and efficient manner
- Maintains confidentiality of coworkers and clients of the clinics
- Ability to use up to date technology – laptop, cell phone, use of google applications
- Traveling between the clinics or running other clinic errands as required
- Lifting: to move furniture or lift boxes
- Walking: while reviewing facilities
- Climbing: ladder to evaluate facility and ceilings
- Talking/Hearing: to community with staff; public and vendors
- Sitting: to drive a vehicle
- Reaching: to retrieve tools; to paint; to repair plumbing and light fixtures
- Pulling: to open drawers; to open doors; to pull electrical wire
- Pushing: to close drawers; to close doors
- Stooping: to retrieve tools at lower levels; to look underneath equipment
- Crouching: to retrieve tools at lower levels; to look underneath equipment
- Seeing: to obtain information from written material; to drive a vehicle to make repairs to facilities and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to pass a criminal background check as required by law
- Availability to work a flexible schedule; any day of the week and on-call services
- Minimum of one year of hands-on experience with basic custodial and general building maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving s7kills
- Self-motivated and self-starting work style
- Ability to initiate and maintain self-organizational systems to ensure job tasks are completed as expected (e.g., calendar of tasks/responsibilities, etc.)
- Perfect interpersonal boundaries
- Trustworthiness in handling sensitive information (with special preference given to candidates with HIPAA compliance knowledge and training)
- Reliable transportation with the ability to travel to any of our clinic locations
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
Email your resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role directly to the attention of Jessica Powers, Administrative Services Manager, at email@example.com. Application emails directly will be given preference over those sent via Indeed or any other online job posting system.