- Job Title: Mental Health Professional
- Direct Supervisor: Clinical Director
- Compensation: Competitive & commensurate with credentials/experience
- Location: Rosemount and Victoria
Lorenz Clinic is expanding and is excited to announce an opportunity to join its treatment team!
Founded by a systems thinker, the clinic is a group practice focused on the mental health needs of children, families, and adults. While the majority of our services are provided under the umbrella of managed care, we have community partnerships that allow us to service those without insurance.
Located on the edge of the Minneapolis Metropolitan area, our four locations (Victoria, Chaska, Prior Lake, and Rosemount) are located approximately 30-35 miles south/southwest of downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and provide needed psychological services to both suburban and rural communities. In addition to its clinical mission, the clinic has a vibrant training program that enlivenswork at all levels of the organization.
Our clinic is known for its distinctive approach to psychotherapeutic intervention that integrates developmental, systemic, experiential, and trauma-informed models. In addition to their outpatient psychotherapy caseload, Mental Health Professionals serve as local clinical experts among our staff—resources on best practices and ethics unique to outpatient work. Our clinic realizes the distinctive role relationally-focused interventionists serve within the mental health profession.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Carrying psychotherapy caseload as defined by clinic
- The provision of clinical services including conducting diagnostic assessments, treatment
- planning, psychotherapy, and discharge planning for patients of the clinic
- Provision of clinical and administrative supervision within the clinic’s training program (if
- Attending and participating in individual supervision, monthly case consultation, Grand Rounds,
- business meetings, and other meetings as required by Clinic
- Compliance with clinic documentation standards
- Compliance with respective licensing board rules and professional association codes of ethics
- Maintain professionalism in all interactions with staff, patients, and business associates of clinic
- Keeping abreast of billing issues and discussing same with patients when necessary
- Assisting in intermittent peer-reviews of patient files
- Adherence to directives by applicable direct clinical and administrative supervisors
- Other duties as assigned
- A master’s or doctoral degree in psychology, counseling, marriage & family therapy, or social
- work from a regionally-accredited academic program.
- Full, unrestricted licensure as a Mental Health Professional in Minnesota (LP, LPCC, LMFT, or
LICSW; or license-eligible)
- Designation as a board-approved supervisor with respective licensing board (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to service patients primarily on an outpatient basis
- The ability to competently and independently provide psychotherapy to one or more of the
following groups as assigned: children, adolescents, adults, couples, or families
- Flexibility to meet when patients are available to meet
- Evidence of a high level of professionalism within the field
- Strong clinical acumen and competence providing outpatient psychotherapy
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to respect diversity and integrate issues of culture into case conceptualizations
- Ability to engage with patients who may be ambivalent about treatment
- Ability to adapt interventions to patients’ strengths, skills, and developmental levels
- Commitment to empowering patients to solve their own problems when necessary
- Ability to intervene decisively, when necessary, to protect patient safety
- Ability to comply with clinic documentation standards and best professional practices
- Previous experience carrying a full outpatient caseload
Lorenz Clinic is a private practice focused on the mental health needs of children, families, and adults. While the majority of our services are provided under the umbrella of managed care, we have community partnerships that allow us to service those without insurance. Located on the edge of the Minneapolis Metropolitan area, our four locations provide access to necessary psychological services in both suburban and rural communities. In addition to its clinical mission, the clinic has a vibrant training program that, in addition to hosting post-master’s fellows, hosts Minnesota’s only Family Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Full-time Mental Health Professionals enjoy up to $50,000 employer-sponsored student loan repayment assistance, paid time off, paid holidays, access to employer-sponsored group medical and dental insurance, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a generous continuing education allowance. Licensed clinicians typically earn more than 48 hours per year of board approved continuing education credit just through working here. The hiring range for this full-time, exempt, salaried position is competitive and dependent on qualifications, hours, and productivity. The premier benefit of work at the clinic is mission-driven work in an electric atmosphere only possible at training sites. The clinic’s training atmosphere coupled with access to contextually-sensitive, in-house psychological testing make for a truly supportive and exciting work environment for child specialists.
To apply for this position, email your CV and a cover letter to Dr. Chad Lorenz, CEO & Interim Clinical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your strengths, cover letters should broadly outline your professional goals, commitment to the common good, and a brief narrative of your experience providing clinical supervision. Applicants who are invited to interview may be asked to provide writing samples. More information about the clinic can be found at www.lorenzclinic.com
*Hiring for both our Victoria and Prior Lake offices.*