This page was last updated 3/17/20; it be updated periodically with more information.
A Note from the Clinical Director
As a precaution and for your safety, that of the community, and that of our staff, we respectfully ask that you call to request a video chat appointment instead of meeting face-to-face if you are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, have recently traveled on a cruise ship, or have travelled to a CDC-designated Level 3 country within the past four weeks. If you haven’t yet, please review the CDC information on how COVID-19 spreads, its symptoms, prevention, treatment, and what to do if you are sick available here.
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state, with Carver, Scott, and Dakota Counties among those affected. The health and safety of patients and staff is a top priority at Lorenz Clinic. While public health officials maintain the risk of contracting COVID-19 in Minnesota remains low, we continue to plan for our community’s safety and wellbeing.
The clinic has proactively developed a service continuation plan and will be taking steps to slow community spread. Some of the steps we are taking now include offering the option of telehealth appointments (information here).
Thank you for your understanding as we work to keep Lorenz Clinic a safe environment.
Laiel Baker-DeKrey, Ph.D., LP
What You Can Do
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Follow CDC’d recommendations regarding face masks
- Follow the clinic on social media for updates and resources (twitter, facebook)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (CDC’s Handwashing Website)
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
Resources for Parents & Caregivers
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- How to Explain the News to Our Kids
- Five Ways to View Coverage of the Coronavirus
- CDC’s COVID-19 page here
- The Minnesota Department of Health page here
- The University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) page here
- Office of Governor Walz’s press releases
- Carver County drive-through COVID-19 testing site & hotline here.
- Tips on how to talk to your kids about Coronavirus, resources for older adults, multi-lingual graphics & more are available via TPT Almanac