- Job Title: Mental Health Professional (Remote)
- Direct Supervisor: Outpatient Program Manager
- Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with credentials and experience + $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Location: Remote - Must be located in Minnesota
Lorenz Clinic is seeking Mental Health Professionals to add to our growing team! The position is full-time and will be performing telehealth services in a fully remote capacity. Lorenz Clinic is known for its distinctive approach to child and family psychology that integrates developmental, systemic, experiential, and trauma-informed models. In addition to their outpatient psychotherapy caseload, Mental Health Professionals serve as local clinical experts among our staff—resources on best practices and ethics. Our clinic realizes the distinctive role relationally-focused child and family providers have within the mental health profession.
Founded by a systems thinker, the clinic is a group practice focused on the mental health needs of children, families, and adults. While the majority of our services are provided under the umbrella of managed care, we have community partnerships that allow us to service those without insurance. Located on the edge of the Minneapolis Metropolitan area, our four locations (Victoria, Chaska, Prior Lake, and Rosemount) are located approximately 30-35 miles south/southwest of downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and provide needed psychological services to both suburban and rural communities. In addition to its clinical mission, the clinic has a vibrant clinical training program that enlivens work at all levels of the organization.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Carrying psychotherapy caseload as defined by clinic
- The provision of clinical services including conducting diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, psychotherapy, and discharge planning for early childhood, child, adolescent, and adult patients of the clinic
- Provision of clinical and administrative supervision within the clinic’s training program – if credentials allow
- Attending and participating in individual supervision, monthly case consultation, Grand Rounds, business meetings, and other meetings as required by Clinic
- Compliance with clinic documentation standards
- Compliance with licensing board rules and APA and AAMFT Codes of Ethics
- Maintain professionalism in all interactions with staff, patients, and business associates of clinic
- Keeping abreast of billing issues and discussing same with patients when necessary
- Assisting in intermittent peer-reviews of patient files
- Adherence to directives by applicable direct clinical and administrative supervisors
- Other duties as assigned
- A master’s or doctoral degree in Psychology, Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, or Social Work from a regionally-accredited academic program.
- Full, unrestricted licensure as a Mental Health Professional in Minnesota (or license-eligible)
- Designation as a board-approved supervisor with respective licensing board (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to service patients primarily on an outpatient basis
- The ability to competently and independently provide psychotherapy to families and children of all ages
- Flexibility to meet when patients are available to meet
- Evidence of a high level of professionalism within the field
- Strong clinical acumen and competence providing outpatient psychotherapy to children
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to provide services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, or families as assigned
- Ability to respect diversity and integrate issues of culture into case conceptualizations
- Ability to engage with patients who may be ambivalent about treatment
- Ability to adapt interventions to patients’ strengths, skills, and developmental levels
- Commitment to empowering patients to solve their own problems when necessary
- Ability to intervene decisively, when necessary, to protect patient safety
- Ability to comply with clinic documentation standards and best professional practices
- Ability to maintain a full caseload as defined by clinic
- Working knowledge of child protection reporting requirements
We are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus. In addition, full-time employees are eligible for paid time off, paid holidays, access to employer-sponsored group medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, and a generous continuing education allowance. The hiring range for this full-time, exempt, salaried position is competitive and dependent on program fit, qualifications, experience, and credentials.
To apply for this position, email your CV and a cover letter to Outpatient Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your strengths, cover letters should broadly outline your professional goals, commitment to the common good, and a brief narrative of your experience providing clinical supervision.