- Job Title: Psychiatrist
- Direct Supervisor: Director of Nursing
- Compensation: Competitive, commensurate with credentials and experience + $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Lorenz Clinic is seeking to hire or contract with a Psychiatrist, who can provide psychiatric evaluation and treatment on a multidisciplinary mental health treatment team. The position will be housed at one of our south/southwest metro locations.
Founded by a systems thinker, the clinic is a group practice focused on the mental health needs of children, families, and adults. While the majority of our services are provided under the umbrella of managed care, we have community partnerships that allow us to service those without insurance. Located on the edge of the Minneapolis Metropolitan area, our four locations (Victoria, Chaska, Prior Lake, and Rosemount) are located approximately 30-35 miles south/southwest of downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul and provide needed psychological services to both suburban and rural communities. In addition to its clinical mission, the clinic has a vibrant clinical training program that enlivens work at all levels of the organization.
This position entails the outpatient provision of psychiatric evaluation and treatment—either medication management or therapy, depending on provider preference. The clinic enjoys a strong referral base, a strong organizational infrastructure, and in-house psychological testing. Our clinic realizes the distinctive role relationally-focused and socially-committed psychiatric interventionists serve within the mental health community. The clinic’s Electronic Health Record allows for seamless interoperability with other health systems, enabling a high level of collaboration between systems of care. There is no call with this position.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides psychiatric services to a diverse client population at the clinic system’s main office
- The provision of clinical services including conducting diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, medication management, psychotherapy, and discharge planning for patients of the clinic
- Providing intermittent didactics within clinic’s training program if desired
- Compliance with clinic documentation standards
- Compliance with licensing board rules, applicable codes of ethics, and DHS regulations
- Maintain professionalism in all interactions with staff, patients, and business associates of clinic
- Carrying assigned treatment caseload
- Ability to maintain at least 16 hours per month of direct patient care
- Ability to provide psychiatric services under independent licensure
- Compliance with clinic and training program policies and procedures, if applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- A Medical Doctorate (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from an approved school of medicine
- Completion of psychiatric residency
- Current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Board-certification in Psychiatry within two year of hire
- Evidence of a high level of professionalism within the field
- Strong clinical acumen and judgment
- Ability to base clinical assessment and intervention methods on science and professional best practice
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to respect diversity and integrate issues of culture into case conceptualizations
- Ability to engage with patients who may be ambivalent about treatment
- Ability to adapt interventions to patients’ strengths, skills, and developmental levels
- Commitment to empowering patients to solve their own problems when necessary
- Ability to intervene decisively, when necessary, to protect patient safety
- Ability to set appropriate boundaries and limits for best practice
- Ability to comply with clinic documentation standards
- Formal psychotherapy training (preferred)
This position can be full-time or part-time, depending on candidate preference. We are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for full-time candidates. In addition, full-time psychiatric professionals enjoy up to $10,000 annual employer-sponsored student loan repayment assistance, paid time off, paid holidays, access to employer-sponsored group medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, and a generous continuing education allowance. The hiring range for this position is competitive and dependent on qualifications, hours, and productivity. The premier benefit of work at the clinic is mission-driven work in an electric atmosphere only possible at community-based training sites. The clinic’s training atmosphere coupled with access to contextually-sensitive, in-house psychological testing make for a truly supportive and exciting work environment for psychiatric specialists.
A major highlight about Lorenz Clinic is that it is a training site. Although interaction with the clinic’s training program is not a position requirement, trainees would benefit from collaboration with a psychiatrist. Our existing training program includes master’s-level family therapy practicum placements, post-master’s fellowships, and a post-doctoral psychology fellowship supervised by licensed psychologists and family therapists. Because the training program is an outgrowth of our fierce dedication to serving the underserved, we offer significantly reduced fee services to those in financial need. The clinic has existing relationships with area graduate programs in psychology and family therapy, but we are not beholden to any specific graduate schools. Training rotations are typically 12 months. Our clinic offers postdoctoral psychology fellows two tracks: adult and child/family. The clinic has a rich schedule of invited speakers; recent speakers have included Drs. Irvin Yalom, Bruce Perry, Pauline Boss, Mary Catherine Bateson, and Sue Johnson. More information about the larger training program can be found here or by contacting the Training Director, Dr. BJ Suarez.
Email your CV and a cover letter to Amanda Schuh, PhD, APRN, PMHNP-BC, Director of Nursing, at email@example.com. In addition to your strengths, cover letters should broadly outline your professional goals and commitment to the common good. Applicants who are invited to interview may be asked to provide writing samples. More information about the clinic can be found at www.lorenzclinic.com